SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Downstate Depot - Central Receiving
Welcome to the Downstate Depot - Central Receiving website
(Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception UH B-530A ;UH Basement opposite Medical Records)
||M-F 8:30am to 4pm
||Kevin LeDoux, Ext 4254 (718-270-4254)
Central Receiving provides the following services to all user departments:
- Receives and process incoming / outgoing shipments between the vendors and user departments.
Incoming Direct vendor shipments on State PO's to DMC's Satellites; Bay Ridge, Midwood/ Nostrand Ave, Family Health Services/ 840LeffertsBlvd, and Dialysis/ 710PSA: DMC Staff at these off-sites are required to sign and fax all packing slips to Main campus Central Receiving so that the shipment can be entered into the DMC Receiving system that automatedly authorizes A/P invoice payment.
Main Campus shipments on State PO's with Direct Vendor Inside Delivery: Whenever a vendor makes direct delivery of a State PO item to the internal destination, typically for equipment vendor installation/ set up, or whenever a State PO delivery does not occur at/ through DMC Central Receiving: DMC Staff at the internal destination are required to sign and fax all packing slips to Central Receiving so that the shipment can be entered into the DMC Central Receiving system that automatedly authorizes A/P invoice payment.
- Transport all incoming supplies and materials to the user departments.
- Receipt and return of gas cylinders.
Department of Administrative Services: Consolidated service units at a contiguous location to the extent practical, and commonly known as “Downstate Depot”, that currently includes: Central Receiving, Central Stores, Quick Copy Center, Mail/Messenger, Warehouse, and Property Control, and provides:
- A “one-stop” customer service location for multiple support unit services, and
- Maximized workforce cross-training and deployment dependant upon daily workload.
- Provide the highest standards of quality customer services and customer satisfaction while adhering to DMC’s Code of Ethic and Business Conduct, and Principles of Behavior (pgs 16-31), in support of DMC’s Educational, Clinical and Research enterprises, in a dependable manner while maintaining accurate records of all transactions within all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide accurate & efficient processing of both incoming and outgoing packages, including the receipt of all incoming goods of all DMC enterprise funding sources, to its destination in a prompt and efficient manner and assisting in the resolution of shipment discrepancies.
- Provide documentation to the respective supply chain funding entity, where applicable.