SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Department of Neurology
Susan W. Law, DO, MPH
Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Director of Stroke Center, Kings County Hospital
- DO: New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, NY
- Neurology Residency: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, NY
- Cerebrovascular Diseases Fellowship: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, NY
- Masters of Public Health, Epidemiology: SUNY Downstate School of Public Health
- Neuroimaging of stroke
- Clinical trials – SHINE, POINT, ATACH II
- Hospital QI (medication adherence, hospital readmission)
Fridays 1-5pm, 1st floor Building E, NYC Health and Hospital / Kings County
- "Salt and Pepper" Pontine Infarct. Lyons LJ, Law S, Kubie J. Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology. Accepted. Pending publication.
- Scleroderma and Stroke. Marchidann A, Law S, Levine SR. Uncommon Causes of Stroke 3rd Edition. Pending publication.
- Law S, Levine SR. Support for IV tPA in ischaemic stroke in elderly people. Nature Reviews Neurology. 2016 Jan; 12(1).
- A Therapeutic Fast for Lymphoma Resulting in Wernicke Encephalopathy. Brazg J, Ruest A, Law S, Bosoy D. J Emerg Med. 2015 June 20. doi:10.1016/j.jemermed.2015.03.022.
- Rapidly improving stroke symptoms: a pilot, prospective study. Balucani D, BianchiR, Ramkishun C, Weedon J, Law S, Szarek M, Rojas-Sotor D, Tariq S, Levine SR. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015 Jun;24(6): 1211-6. doi:10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovascdis.2015.01.017.
- Book Chapter: Stroke in Adults, Etiologies. Neurology Differential Diagnosis: Case-based Approach. Law S , RosenbaumDM. Cambridge Press. 2014
- Contrast-InducedNeurotoxicity – An Unrecognized Stroke Mimic. Law S, et al. Case Reports in Medicine Volume2012 (2012), Article ID 267860, 4 pages. doi:10.1155/2012/267860
- Rapid-OnsetCognitive Impairment Due to Bilateral Medial-Thalamic Infarcts. Ramirez-Abreu DG, Law S. J. NeuropsychiatryClin Neurosci. 2011.
- Current Status of Primary and Comprehensive Stroke Centers in the United States. Ramirez-Abreu, DG, Law S. The Core: SVIN QuarterlyNewsletterMay/June 2010: 5.
- SVINMeeting Summary. Ramirez-Abreu, DG, Law S. The Core: SVIN Quarterly Newsletter March/April 2010: 4.
- Triaging Stroke From the Field - The Prehospital Aspect. Law S, Janjua N. The Core: SVIN Quarterly Newsletter December 2010/Januaru 2011: 3.